One way HEN teachers bring the lessons of the Holocaust into the present moment is to link, as Satellite Leader Gail Desler says, “what happened ‘then and there’ to what is happening ‘here and now."' Each of the Memorial Library’s Satellite Seminars will focus on social justice – its denial as part of genocidal policies and practices and its relevance today for teachers and students - as they face issues of intolerance in their own schools and communities. Listen as the Satellite Seminar leaders describe the focus of their work and the agendas they addressed in their summer programs.
- Paula Mercier’s students in New Hampshire mount “Everyone Counts” project
- Radio Show: Reflections on the Memorial Library Summer Seminar in NYC
- Erin DeHart of York College, NE leads student trip to NYC and Washington, DC
- Salisbury University’s Diana Wagner Earns Holocaust Educators Network Fellowship
- Leaders of the Holocaust Educators Network reflect on trip to Poland and Israel